Monday, March 18, 2013

Harmony, NC

This is the view from the Tomlinson Moore Family Park in Harmony, NC.  Although I am not in the mountains it feels like I am on top of one.  It kind of reminds me of living in Montana in that the sky feels so close.  As you can see from the picture the view just goes on and on.

Now I have to be here for a bit longer and decided to take a look around town and blog about what I find.  One of the nicest things about this town is the Tomlinson Moore Family Park.  It is not very big, about an acre or so.  But it sits where you can look out at this scenery pictured above.  The day I took this picture is was still very cold here, but since that day it has warmed up and this scene is now looking greener.  I can imagine that in the fall is a riot of color and just stunning to view.

Like I said Tomlinson Park is a really sweet little park with just enough room for everything.  There is a shelter with about ten picnic tables, grill, water fountain, port-a-potty, playground, horse shoe pit, volley ball net, and paved walking path around the whole thing so that you can get your exercise and still watch the kids.  The whole place is surrounded by a split rail or chain link fence, shrubs and trees that make it very lovely.

I was very surprised that it stays so clean.  Across from the park is the welcome center that I am told locals can rent for events.  It would make a beautiful spot to have a wedding or reunion.
  Although, I think I would prefer to make this an outdoor event given the view and all the amenities at this place.  Here are some more picture of the park.

Yes, I need a something better than my phone to take pictures with.  But way out there is the horse shoe pits and a bench or two to watch from.  I also forgot the wood fencing in the back.  But it very lovely and probably one of the towns best features.

So long for now and happy wanderings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment