Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Waiting to Launch: How to Spend My Time

I am sorry to have been away for so long.  I have been spending time with family while waiting for my partner to join me.  Time with family is a lot of sitting around talking and playing with the great nieces and nephews.  I spent time with my brother and his family in N C before I left there.
A rough lot for sure!
A rough lot for sure!
They never stop moving,
They never stop moving,
My nephews range from 4 to 9 years old and they never stop moving unless they are asleep.
I am visiting in Ohio for the moment.  I am up here staying with one of my nieces and we never stop moving.  Every day we go somewhere.  Most days it is over to the other niece’s house (her sister), we have house sat for their aunt (my sister), we spent the day with her father (my brother-in-law), and spent a couple of nights at her mom’s (my oldest sister).  What beats me is that I have not accomplished one bit of blogging.  My family is camera-shy, so what pictures I have taken I am forbidden to put on the net.  Go figure.
Still, I have managed to take a few pictures and do a few things.  One of the first things I did was order new glasses.  During the short-lived brawl out on NC hwy 24/27 my glasses disappeared.  Funny I did not notice they were gone until I got to the hotel room that night.  Normally I wear wire frames and when I order they always moan groan and complain that my lenses are to thick for wire frames.  This time I ordered thick, black, plastic frames.  Yuck!  But I am not worried about my looks, just being able to see is my concern.  I figure these will last a good long time.  I use to have glare resistant lenses.  All I can tell you about that is DON”T!  I am an avid walker and I run some (now that I am well).  Sweat will eat the coating off the lenses.  I do not use chemical cleaners, because I am allergic to so many things and I feel that they are ecologically unsound.  Vinegar is another substance that will eat the coating off your lenses.  Just a real pain the butt altogether. Besides the less you need for your lenses the cheaper they are.  I am think about purchasing an additional pair and sunglasses for the trip.
Another thing I did was cut my hair.  I am a long-haired girl at heart and it kills me to have it above my shoulder blades.  However, I thought if I cut it I could save on shampoo and conditioner.  Most of the places I want to visit are warm weather places and the long hair makes it hotter.  You see my hair is really thick and curly.
Me driving to Hatteras.
    Me driving to Hatteras.

Before the cut.
Before the cut.
So, I bit the bullet and had David cut my hair off.  David is shy, as well.  His shop is here in Akron, a place called Razor.  He does a great job and takes his time.  It took him two hours to cut my hair, but we were telling stories and laughing our butts off too.
salem 2013 029
Can you tell I’m not thrilled?  I do not mind pictures but it does not help me like them more since I have gained weight over the last six months either.  But if I want others to let me take pictures than I have to be in them myself.  When you stay with others and they feed you, you can only be so adamant about your diet and still be polite.  I eat clean, because of allergies and diabetes.  I also walk or exercise.  But for the last six months I have been ill and other influences put all that to the side.  Thank goodness for my niece!!!  My niece is a clean eater too, but after looking at this picture we decided that we needed to get more strict on ourselves.  Which leads me to the next thing I have been doing and that is eating strictly by the clean eating magazine and books.  Great recipes, by the way.  We also began doing P90 and yoga every day except Sundays.  Sundays are yoga with Rainbeau Mars’ Vinyasa Flow.  I will not be posting my workouts.  Like praying I think it is too personal.  Now cooking is something I am great at.  I will be posting some of the recipes and pictures of the foods we prepare.  Until we get on the road I need filler.  Akron is really not a meca of things to do and see.
Like I said my family is camera-shy.  I did get permission to post just a few pics of my new nephew with his new brothers.  You see my oldest niece and her husband are foster parents.  It fits.  She was always the little mommy growing up.  So this month of May we had two additions to our family.  The first was “J” (no real names allowed).  He was adopted into the family just before his second birthday.  Although very bright, J has some delays in physical development, but I am happy to say that just after his adoption and before his second birthday he began walking on his own!!  The whole family thought this was even more fantastic than the adoption.  Look at these faces.  You just have to love them.
Little Mr. J our newest love.
Little Mr. J our newest love.
Proud new parents.
Proud new parents.
Two anxious big brothers.
Two anxious big brothers.
This morning we found out that my Brother’s wife had a baby girl.  Little Miss Piper is 4 lbs 7 oz and 17 inches long.  I love huge families.  There are more people to love and to love you. Piper is the addition to the four boys in the first photo.  She is actually one of nine children.  She also has four older sisters.  My brother has a ball team, at last!  We grew up in a large family and this is just a bunch of love to us.
That is all that I have accomplished in two months.  I am ready to get on the road.  Jon and I had planned on a launch date of June 6, 2013, but trouble with the van is keeping Jon in NC for now.  I have patience for a lot of things, but not when I want to get out and go.  TRAVEL FULL TIME, LET”S GO!!  I am working on a short trip and I will let you know what pans out.





No comments:

Post a Comment